Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bon Voyage, Lucila!

Ugh, I cried today while Skyping my mom. If I told you what I were stressed about, you would laugh and think I'm living the stupidest, most childish life in the world.

I have to sew four fuzzy brown bear heads for people to wear in a music video, and I can't get the noses and snouts on straight.

My clothes and bag are stained green and blue from a few paint-filled balloons that exploded.

I can't find cranberries, and I don't want it to be Thanksgiving without cranberry jelly.

I have too many movies to watch for class.

Every time I blink, little pieces of the bear fur fuzz drift in front of my eyes.

My screenplay is sad (and crummy), my history papers are about sad and crummy injustices, and my favorite girl at West Coast Coffee just came over with my mocha and a hug, because she's leaving to go home to Argentina. After three months, finally we know each other's names.

It makes me realize that manner-wise, Ireland is really pretty separate from the rest of Europe --- nobody gives little bisous when they meet or part. Normally it's a good strong handshake. As soon as I'm back in America, I'm going to hug everybody. Perhaps while wearing one of the four fuzzy bear heads I'm sewing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All power comes from the muzzle of a bear, Monica! We support your right to arm bears! (Or to snout them, I guess.)

Dare we hope that you will sing the song from the video when you issue the hugs?

Cathie Schorn said...

Monica, those four bears will be the most personality-filled characters in the video. Think how much fluff Jim Henson had to endure when he invented his Muppets! And they took on a life of their own...Would Sarah let you bring home one of your bears--or do you never want to see it again after this?

Bravo for bearing up, honey! Love you lots! (Now here's where you say: Right back...atchoo!)

Mama